With the release of Adobe Illustrator CC 2019, you may experience some user interface scaling issues when using multiple displays with different scaling.
Currently, MAPublisher will respect the Adobe Illustrator UI Scaling setting in CC 2019, including high-dpi settings in CC 2018.
No issues are expected when using MAPublisher or Adobe Illustrator on the primary display. However, when using a secondary display with a different scaling factor than the primary display, you may experience one or more of the following issues:
- MAPublisher panels are too big or too small
- MAPublisher Toolbar is too big or too small
- Icons are too big or too small
- Dialog boxes are too big or too small
- Dialog boxes open on the wrong display
Possible causes for user interface scaling issues:
- Increasing operating system scale before decreasing the Adobe Illustrator UI Scaling setting
- Adobe Illustrator UI Scaling setting is stored in an Adobe CC preferences file. It is possible for Adobe CC to use the UI Scaling saved in the cloud on another machine that may not support it.
- To adjust the scaling of both MAPublisher and Adobe Illustrator panels correctly, click and drag them to the secondary display, then close and re-open them.
- Decrease the operating system display scale, then decrease the Adobe Illustrator UI Scaling setting (Edit > Preferences > User Interface).
- Edit the Adobe Illustrator UI Scaling setting in the Adobe CC preferences file.
A planned MAPublisher update is expected to resolve this issue.