Sometimes on the macOS version of MAPublisher and Geographic Imager, the 'Recent' and 'Search History' lists are not saved in the 'Specify Coordinate System' dialogs. In order to have the 'Recent' and 'Search History' lists save correctly, do the following:
1. Open Finder to the 'Home' directory (or Go > Home). It is usually the active user directory and can be identified by the house icon
2. Look for the folder '.config'. This folder is often hidden by default. If this is the case, press " CMD + Shift + . " on your keyboard
3. Right-click the '.config' directory and select 'Get Info'
4. Under the 'Sharing & Permissions' category, click the padlock icon to allow changes (Administrative privileges required)
5. Change the permissions of your user (or 'everyone') to 'Read & Write'
6. Close the '.config Info' dialog
7. Restart Illustrator or Photoshop
Going forward, coordinate systems should be saved in 'Recent' and 'Search History'.