On June 7th, Adobe released an update for Illustrator 2021 (v25.3), which is the first version of Illustrator to run natively on Apple Silicon processors, rather than using Rosetta emulation. MAPublisher 10.8.1 does not yet support the Apple Silicon-native version of Illustrator, but we're working on providing an update in the future. In order to use MAPublisher with M1 devices, users are required to use the Rosetta emulation. Users who have updated Illustrator to the latest version can run it in Rosetta emulation using the steps below. Non-M1 users can update their Adobe Illustrator and continue to use MAPublisher without any issues.
How to run Illustrator 25.3 using Rosetta emulation
- Open Finder and navigate to /Applications/Adobe Illustrator 2021
- Right-click on the Adobe Illustrator 2021 application and select 'Get Info'
- In the 'General' section, if the "Kind" label says "Application (Universal)", there will be an "Open using Rosetta" option below. Enable this option and launch Illustrator
If the "Kind" label in step 3 says "Application (Intel)", the "Open using Rosetta" option will not be available.
How to reveal the "Open using Rosetta" option
- Uninstall Illustrator 2021 from the Creative Cloud Desktop app
- Open Finder and navigate to the Applications folder
- Delete the folder "Adobe Illustrator 2021"
- Install Illustrator 2021 (v22.3) from the Creative Cloud Desktop app
- Re-install MAPublisher 10.8.1
- Follow the "How to run Illustrator 25.3 using Rosetta emulation" steps