Adobe Illustrator documents with GIS data can be exported to geospatial PDF using the MAPublisher Export Document to Geospatial PDF utility.
A geospatial PDF is an Adobe Acrobat file that contains geospatial coordinates, the ability to store spatial data and attributes in layers. With coordinates, users can view and interact with the PDF to find and mark location data. Attributes can be viewed and searched in Adobe Acrobat.
Geospatial PDF files exported with MAPublisher can be used in Adobe Acrobat to:
- Find and mark location coordinates
- Measure distance, perimeter, and area
- View coordinates in measurement units in various formats/units
- Copy location coordinates to clipboard
- View attributes of map objects
- Reopen geospatial PDF in Adobe Illustrator with MAPublisher capabilities maintained.
- Show and hide layers
Topics covered in this section