1. In the MAP LabelPro dialogue box, click the first label filter for the Parks_area layer to highlight it. Rename the first label filter to Small Park. Click the Is labeled check box.
2. Beside the Style drop-down list, click the Edit button to open the Style dialogue box.
3. Make sure that Arial is selected in the Font family drop-down list and that Regular is selected as the Font style.
4. In the Size drop-down list, set the font size to 7.00 pt.
5. Click the colour chip and in the Color Picker dialogue box, pick dark green color (e.g. R=0, G=85, B=0) and click OK.
6. Click the Save button. In the Save Style As dialogue box, type Small_Park_Style in the Name box and click Save.
7. In the Style dialogue box, click OK.
In the MAP LabelPro dialogue box, the Style drop-down list now displays Small_Park_Style. The style is saved in the directory specified in the MAPublisher Preferences.
Next, you'll create the rules for the Small Park label filter.
8. Beside the Rules drop-down list, click the Edit button to open the Area Rules dialogue box.
9. In the Area Rules dialogue box, in the Placement tab, uncheck the Allow extending beyond boundary check box to disable the rule.
10. In the Fitting tab, for the Allow stacking rule choose Up to 4 lines from the drop-down.
11. In the Conflict Avoidance tab, uncheck the Allow labels to cross obstacles check box to disable the rule.
12. Click the Allow use of leader lines check box and keep its default parameters.
13. Click the Save button and in the Save Rule As dialogue box, type Small_Park_Rules in the Name box and click Save.
14. In the Area Rules dialogue box, click OK.
In the MAP LabelPro dialogue box, the Rules drop-down list now displays Small_Park_Rules. The rule is saved in the directory specified in the MAPublisher Preferences.
15. Repeat the same process to setup the second label filter as Large Park. Choose a different font style and label colour to help distinguish large parks from small parks.
Hint: Choose the same Style and Rules as Small Park label filter. However, edit the Small_Park_Style to change the font style and label colour, then save it as Large_Park_Style.
Execute labeling with MAP LabelPro
16. Make sure that all the layers have been configured appropriately and click the Label button.
The parks are labeled appropriately according to the style and rules defined in MAP LabelPro.
17. Click the MAPublisher Log button on the MAPublisher Toolbar.
Statistics about how many labels were placed (or not placed) on each layer are displayed in the log. Notice that the first labeling session is also listed.
18. After reviewing the statistics, close the MAPublisher Log dialogue box.
Left: Result with MAP LabelPro license. Right: Result with evaluation license.
Evaluation users will see scrambled labels on the map.