The Export to Avenza Maps feature generates a map package that can be uploaded directly to the Avenza Map Store, an in-app map store for the Avenza Maps app on iOS and Android. Uploading maps using this feature puts them into the Prepare for Review state on the Avenza Map Store. To upload maps, you'll need an Avenza Map Store vendor account.
1.In Adobe Photoshop, open boston-east.tif from the Tutorial Data folder.
2.From the File menu, go to Export > Export to Avenza Maps.
The Export to Avenza Maps dialog box appears. You can specify a different export folder and set options here. With the options all checked, it will convert the image to indexed color mode, launch the Upload to Avenza Maps dialog box after the export is finished, and open the file browser to the specified export folder.
3.Make sure both the Launch Upload to Avenza Map Store dialog box and Open destination folder check boxes are checked.
The export folder shows the map package files. When uploading to the Avenza Map Store, all of the files in the folder are required. When loading on your device, only the ZIP file is required.
The Upload to Avenza Maps dialog box also appears. To upload maps, you'll need to login to your Avenza Map Store vendor account.
5. If you have recently exported an Avenza Maps package, you will be prompted with the choice to "Load recently exported maps" or "Do not load recently exported maps"
6. On the Upload to Avenza Maps dialog box, click the Login button.
7 .Enter your account email and password, then click Login.
8. If you selected to "Load recently exported maps" in step #5, you will see the maps automatically loaded into the Upload to Avenza Maps dialog box and can skip to step 10. If you selected "Do not load recently exported mas" from step #5, then click the Load maps from folder button.
9.On the Load From Folder dialog box, choose the export folder (in this case it was \Geographic Imager\AvenzaPDF\boston-east), then click OK.
The map package is added to the table in the Upload to Avenza Maps dialog box and is ready to have its map details completed.
10.Double-click the Description cell. On the Edit "Description" dialog box, enter a description into the Description text box, then click OK.
The Description is completed with a short text description of the map.
11. Click the Edit All button.
The Edit Maps dialog box allows you to edit all map details in one convenient location. If multiple maps are available, you can move to the previous or next one using the navigation controls.
12. Complete the other map details, like the following, then click OK.
These map details are the same as the details that can be completed on the Avenza Map Store vendor site. You have the option of completing it here or on the vendor site. In any case, map details should be accurate and complete so that users can search for your map more easily on the Avenza Map Store.
13. Click the Upload button and select the checkmark in the Accept Agreement dialog box to complete the process.
The icon in the Status column changes to confirm that it was uploaded successfully. A log box will also display acknowledging the upload that can be closed.
14. Click the Go to Avenza Map Store link on the Upload to Avenza Maps Store dialog box or go to https://mapstore.avenza.com/vendor/login/ in a web browser. Login with your vendor account details to see your uploaded maps.
On the Maps page, you'll see the maps that you uploaded. Maps that were just uploaded are put in the Preparing status, meaning they are still being prepared for review. When you have entered all map details, you can submit the map for review. When your map is in review, its state will change to In Review. The Avenza Maps team reviews maps daily and when a map is approved, it will be put into the On Hold, Ready for Sale state. At this point, you can set the map to the For Sale state and it will be available on the Avenza Map Store.
Please sign in to leave a comment.