1. Create a new Adobe Illustrator document in portrait orientation.
2. Import ukrail.gen from the Tutorial Data folder (do not specify a coordinate system).
3. In the MAP Views panel, double-click the ukrail MAP View to open the MAP View editor. Close the warning dialog box that appears (it appears because no coordinate system was specified).
4. In the MAP View editor dialog box, click the [No Coordinate System Specified] link to open the Specify Source Coordinate system dialog box.
5. Go to Projected > Europe > United Kingdom and choose British National Grid (or choose it from the *Recent* folder). Then click OK.
6. Click OK to close the MAP View editor dialog box.
The source coordinate system for the file is now the British National Grid. The MAP View is assigned a coordinate system and can now be transformed.
7. Close the document without saving it.