1. Open usa48.ai from the Tutorial Data folder.
2. From the MAPublisher toolbar, click the MAP Views button or go to Window > MAPublisher > MAP Views.
3. Import usa.tab from the Tutorial Data folder.
Notice that a MAP View called usa 1 is automatically created. The 1 denotes that a MAP View already exists with that name, so it adds a suffix to differentiate it. Each Adobe Illustrator layer comprising the MAP View is depicted with an icon that represents the Feature type contained on each of the map layers.
4. Keep the usa48.ai document open, create a new Adobe Illustrator document with the same page size/orientation as the usa48.ai document and make it active.
5. From the MAPublisher toolbar, click the Copy MAP Objects From button or select Copy MAP Objects from the MAP Views panel options menu.
A list of MAP Views is available from any opened document containing MAP Views. In this case, the MAP Views usa and usa 1 are available to import.
6. Check the usa check box in the Source column and click OK.
The usa MAP View and the layer, usa_area, are copied into the new document. It maintains the original scale and position of the usa MAP view. If other MAP Objects were present, they can be copied to the document too.
7. Close the active document without saving, but keep the usa48.ai document open.
8. In the MAP Views panel, select the usa MAP View. Then click the panel options menu and click Duplicate "usa".
A new MAP View called Copy of usa is created. It only duplicates the MAP View and not the MAP Layers that are contained in the source.
9. Select the usa MAP View and click the Delete button on the MAP Views panel.
A message dialog box states that the MAP View is not empty.
10. Click Delete MAP View and child layers.
11. Close the document without saving.