1. Create a new Letter sized Adobe Illustrator document in landscape orientation.
2. From the MAPublisher toolbar, click the Multiple Data Import button or go to File > Import Map Data > Multiple Data Import.
3. In the Multiple Data Import dialog box, click the Add button.
4. Select MapInfo Table [*.tab] from the Format drop-down list.
5. Click Browse, navigate to the Tutorial Data folder, select usa.tab, and click Open. A coordinate system is detected.
6. Click OK to close the Add dialog box.
The selected file appears in row 1 of the file list. Now add another file in a different map file format.
7. Click Add to open the Add dialog box.
8. Select Esri Shapefile [*.shp] from the Format drop-down list.
9. Click Browse, navigate to the Tutorial Data folder, and select canada.shp. Click Open.
10. Click OK to close the Add dialog box.
The selected file appears in the second row of the list. Both are in the NAD27 coordinate system.
Under Destination MAP View, the usa MAP View is chosen by default. This bases the MAP View, coordinate system, and page scaling on the usa.tab file.
11. Click OK to import the two files.
Notice that in the Adobe Illustrator Layers panel there are new layers called usa_area and canada_area. Also in the MAP Views panel, there is a new MAP View called usa containing the imported files.
12. Close the document without saving.