1. Create a new Letter sized Adobe lllustrator document in landscape orientation.
2. From the MAPublisher toolbar, click the Import button.
3. Choose MapInfo Interchange Format [*.mif] from the Format drop-down list.
4. Click Browse, navigate to the Tutorial Data folder, and select worldwest.mif. Click Open.
The selected file appears in the Dataset file list in the MAPublisher Import dialog box. Notice that the Source Coordinate System is Robinson. (If you don't see the coordinate system listed, click the Advanced button to change to the Advanced mode.)
5. Click OK to complete the import.
The layer worldwest_area is added to Adobe Illustrator's Layers Panel. The MAP Views panel contains the worldwest MAP View projected in a Robinson projected coordinate system.
6. Import worldeast.shp (ensure Esri Shapefile [*.shp] is chosen in the Format drop-down list.)
In the Import dialog box, the coordinate system of worldeast.shp is indicated as Robinson.
7. Click OK to continue the import process.
8. In the Matching MAP View Found dialog box, accept the default Add to: worldwest option as the Destination MAP View, then choose Fit to artboard from the drop-down list.
The worldeast layer is imported to match the worldwest layer. Notice that the scale of the worldwest_area layer has been adjusted so that both layers can now fit within the extents of the artboard. The layer worldeast_area is added to the Adobe Illustrator Layers panel. In the MAP Views panel, the MAP View worldwest now contains both layers.
9. Close the document without saving it.
Please sign in to leave a comment.