Multiple Data Import will import multiple map files simultaneously if the files are in the same data format, are in the same coordinate system, and are located in the same directory.
1. Create a new Letter sized Adobe Illustrator document in portrait orientation.
2. From the MAPublisher toolbar, click the Import button.
3. Choose MapInfo Interchange Format [*.mif] from the Format drop-down list.
4. Click Browse, navigate to the Tutorial Data folder, and select both fsatoronto.mif and torontostreets.mif (hold the Command key (Mac) or the Ctrl key (Windows) to select multiple files). Click Open.
Although two files are selected for import, the Dataset box only lists the last file (alphabetical order).
5. With the dialog box matching the one above, click OK.
The layers fsatoronto_area and torontostreets_line are added to the Adobe Illustrator Layers panel. The MAP Views panel now contains a MAP View called fsatoronto containing the two layers.
6. Close the document without saving it.