1. Create a new Letter sized Adobe Illustrator document in portrait orientation.
2. Click the Multiple Data Import button. In the Multiple Data Import dialog box, click Add.
3. Select Esri ArcInfo Generate [*.gen] from the Format drop-down list.
4. Click Browse, navigate to the Tutorial Data folder, select ukrail.gen, and click Open.
5. Click OK to close the Add dialog box.
The selected file appears in the first row of the file list and it has an unknown coordinate system.
6. In the Multiple Data Import dialog box, with the first row selected, click the Edit button.
7. In the Edit dialog box, click the Advanced button to expand and show the coordinate system information. Click the [No Coordinate System Specified] link, go to Projected > Europe > United Kingdom, choose British National Grid, and click OK.
8. Click OK to return to the Multiple Data Import dialog box.
Under the Destination MAP View frame, view the coordinate system information below the Method.
9. Click OK to import the file in the British National Grid coordinate system.
10. Close the document without saving.
Please sign in to leave a comment.