1. Create a new Adobe Illustrator document.
2. Import fcstreets.mif from the Tutorial Data folder.
3. A trim-to line needs to be selected before trimming can occur. Select the line indicated in the image below:
4. On the Adobe Illustrator Tools panel, click the MAP Trim Tool button.
5. Click a line that intersects the trim-to line. It should be highlighted momentarily in a selection colour:
The line segment is removed. If you made a mistake, you can simply Undo and the feature will return.
To trim the multiple intersecting lines at a time, you can use the click-and-drag method.
6. Near a line to be trimmed (white space), click and hold and drag the cursor across several lines that intersect the trim-to line. Lines eligible for trimming are highlighted.
7. Release when ready to trim the lines.
All lines are trimmed at once.
8. Close document without saving.
Please sign in to leave a comment.