1. Create a new Adobe Illustrator document.
2. Import fcstreets.mif from the Tutorial Data folder.
3. A line can only be extended if it will intersect the selected "extend-to" line. Select the "extend-to" lines indicated in the image below:
Multiple "extend-to" lines can be selected before other lines are extended. Lines are extended to the nearest intersecting line that's selected.
4. On the Adobe Illustrator Tools panel, click the MAP Extend Tool button.
5. Click the line indicated to extend it.
The line is extended.
6. Click the other two lines at the right to extend them.
The lines are considered full extensions, not just an added segment. The geometry properties of the line will also be updated.
7. Close document without saving.