There are two methods in MAPublisher to ensure that text labels are oriented correctly when they are attached to paths. The first is to check the Reverse right to left paths (flip upside-down text) option in Label Features or the MAP Tagger Tool. Alternatively, permanently correct any digitizing irregularities by using the Flip Lines function.
1. Create a new Adobe Illustrator document.
2. Import torontostreetsjoined.mif from the Tutorial Data folder.
3. Select the two lines as indicated in the graphic below and add arrowheads to the lines. The Add Arrowheads controls are in the Stroke panel (Window > Stroke).
4. Change the end arrowhead (the control on the right).
Arrowheads are added to the selected road lines.
5. On the MAPublisher toolbar, click the Flip Lines button.
Notice how the selected lines now have their beginning and end points switched (as indicated by the arrowhead). The orientation of the lines are permanently corrected. Any labels placed along these lines are now oriented correctly (labels would be oriented below the lines if the lines were not flipped).
6. Close the document without saving.